Head and neck cancer is a group of cancers that start in or near your throat, voice box, nose, sinuses, or mouth. Head and neck cancer can be easily cured if they are diagnosed at an early stage. Smoking is a major risk factor related to cancer. Even tobacco chewing and drinking alcohol can cause cancer of the head and neck. Ultraviolet (UV) light exposure such as exposure to the sun is a major cause of cancer on the lips. Men are more likely to develop head and neck cancer than women.
Symptoms of Head and Neck Cancers
- A lump or thickening.
- Unusual bleeding or pain in the mouth.
- Swelling in the jaw.
- Pain or some sound in the ears or trouble while hearing.
- Blocked sinuses that don’t clear.
- Bleeding through the nose and Headaches.
- Pain and swelling around the eyes.
- Trouble chewing or swallowing food.
How To Reduce Risk for Head and Neck Cancers?
- Quit smoking as it can reduce the risk associated with cancer.
- Stop drinking Alcohols.
- Make a dental checkup regularly.
- Apply sunscreen lotions on your lips, etc.
Before giving you any types of treatment, the doctor will explain the type and extent of the treatment
• It’s advantages and disadvantages
• Any significant risks or side effects
• Any other treatments that may be available.
Surgery : The aim of surgery for head and neck cancer is to remove cancerous tissue and preserve the functions of the head and neck, such as breathing, swallowing and talking, as much as possible.
Radiation therapy : It can be given externally or internally, but for head and neck cancers it is usually given externally. It can be used directly or in combination with surgery or chemotherapy.
Chemotherapy : It is for head and neck cancer is the use of drugs to kill or slow the growth of cancer cells. A patient may be treated by injection into a vein (intravenously) at treatment sessions over several weeks.
Best Head and Neck Doctor in Pune
Dr. Snita Sinukumar is the First lady Cancer Surgeon in Pune, who has obtained a Superspeciality, She is one of the best Surgical Oncologist in Pune, Mch Degree In Surgical Oncology From Tata Memorial Hospital and is highly familiar with the diagnosis and treatment of multiple cancer.Highly familiar with the diagnosis and treatment of multiple cancers. She is one of the best Surgical Oncologist in Pune.